Thursday, October 16, 2008

Waste of a Perfectly Good Shower

Today I showered for no reason. That may seem insignificant to most people, but it means something to me. You may know, I recently left my on-staff position to work from home. Since that time, I have been looking forward to the day when I could skip showering (freelancers are notorious for not getting dressed for days). Today was supposed to be the day (I know, what kind of maniac plans her non showering days, but that is the OCD-way I roll).

I figured Frank could take the girls to the bus stop and not showering would give me additional time to work (surf the Web) and clean (watch soap operas). At 6:15 this morning, I realized that Libby had chorus so I would need to take Joanna to the bus stop (chorus meets at the crack of dawn so Libby needs to be dropped off at school on those days). So, counter to my original plan, I got up and showered (far be it from me to arrive at the bus stop unclean. I might offend the neighbors).

After I got out of the shower, Joanna came in and told me she wasn't feeling well. Her stomach was upset last night so we decided to keep her home (she is in kindergarten, so she really wont miss much). So now, while I am trying to write, she is whining that she wants to watch Drake and Josh. And I am sitting here all dressed up (well, showered at least), with no place to go.


Follow me on Twitter


8 comments:

Elle said...

Too bad about the wasted shower. I know how you feel.

mrsbear said...

Is it gross that I can relate? My hair actually looks best on its second unwashed day, so not showering helps me and my hair look our best. ;-)

Anne Albanese said...

Elle, thank you for the empathy, it makes me feel less lame.

Mrsbear, at least you have an excuse. I am just lazy.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I can so relate to the OCD thing! I feel so bad when I don't shower and all day wonder if someone is going to stop by- pathetic I know :-)

Leanne said...

Hey, we both posted about showers today. That's kinda uh, weird.

I still shower every morning, even though I drop my kids off and don't come into contact with anyone. It's the only way I fully wake up in the morning. Sad, but true.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Me, again. Nominated you for a blog award because you make me laugh- pick it up at my blog at www.multitaskingmama.com. Blessings!

Jenni said...

LOL! So funny. I sluff around in my pjs all day. But get dressed to take my daughter to school. It's very rare that I get dressed on Fridays. It's the only day I don't have to go anywhere.

Sandra Foyt said...

You're good. I often drive my daughter to school with just a sweater (or coat) over my PJs. But, I draw the line at going out without brushing my teeth.

I love my PJs!