I have won a few more awards and since I am feeling good about them, I thought I would share them with you! While you probably wont feel as good about them as I do, for you, it's better than a kick in the teeth.
The first award is from Cindi, a fellow Connecticutian (I am still not sure that is a word, but since it is my blog, I am going to use it). This award is for moms who work from home. It means a lot to me since Cindi is really dedicated to helping moms work from home so it makes me feel like she believes I will be successful. Her blog, MoomettesGram's Musings is constantly providing helpful tips for women who work from home.
Thank you Cindi!
Another award is from one of my favorite bloggers, Lydia from On the Verge. You may remember Lydia because she gave me my first award ever! She has 2 girls close in age to my Libby and Joanna and then, being much more the hero than I, had 2 more girls. I can only imagine that household during the teen years (which sound like they will extend approximately forever). My husband always threatens to find another house when our girls hit their teens, and we only have 2 of them.
For Lydia's award, I have to name 6 things that make me happy. Since I am kind of dark and sarcastic, that is going to be challenging, but I will give it a shot:
1) My husband who supports me, no matter what cockamamie idea I come up with.
2) My kids, when they are in a good mood (nothing is more fun than a 9 year old and 5 year old who are happy and cheery).
3) People who leave comments on my blog, especially those who say I am funny (does this sound like I am begging for comments, ok, I am).
4) Cats: As I mentioned in an earlier post, those who are unkind call me a crazy cat lady. I am super jealous of Lydia who has 4 cats since my husband will only allow me to have 2 (he claims he is allergic. I tried to get him to take allergy shots, but he refused. Something about a needle phobia).
5) Chocolate: No explanation needed.
6) Sweeping products: Now please don't misinterpret this to mean I like to clean. I just like to have the sweeping products, I don't want to have to actually use them. I think I am looking for the ultimate cleaning solution where I can just sit around and eat bon bons while my sweeping products clean my house (a girl can dream, can't she?).
Wow, that's wasn't as hard as I thought. I might have to completely rethink my self-image... Nah.
I am also supposed to give the award to 6 other people, but I am not going to do that. If you feel you are deserving, please accept the award on my behalf, but I don't know 6 bloggers to give the award to unless I steal some of Lydia's award winners and repeat my previous winners.
Thanks so much Lydia and I hope I didn't offend with the sorority comment last week (I was kidding, I promise).
The third award I won is from Melissa at Multi-Tasking Mama. Along with the information on multi-tasking (which any mom can use), Melissa appears to be an organizing guru (check out her organizing site for daily tips on getting organized). To those of us who fly through life by the seat of our pants, this is a skill to be envied.
While the award is a repeat, it means so much to me because she said I made her laugh.
Again, I am supposed to pass this on to other bloggers, but we have already established that I am a rebel so am not going to do it, but that doesn't mean I appreciate it any less.
Thanks so much to Cindi, Lydia and Melissa! It means so much that people actually read my blog, let alone enjoy it and since I enjoy all of your blogs, it means even more.
Follow me on Twitter