Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Check Out Daisy the Curly Cat

Now, I like cats. In fact, those who are unkind have occasionally referred to me as a crazy cat lady. I am not a crazy cat lady, I only have 2 cats. One must have at least 4 cats to be a crazy cat lady (does having a ready definition make me a crazy cat lady?). But my cats are irrelevant to this blog post. This post is about everyone’s favorite kitty, Daisy, the curly cat. There are a number of cat blogs out there. Unfortunately, I have not found all of them, but don't worry, I will keep looking. Luckily, I have found the blog that is kept by Daisy the curly cat and her brother Harley (who is not curly, but is still very cute).

Now, this is an extremely difficult post for me to write. It is hard for me to talk about Daisy without sounding silly (or, like a crazy cat lady). First, she is the most consistent poster I could imagine. I have been following her for a while and I don’t think Daisy has ever missed a day. Second, she photographs amazingly and there are great photos in every post (whoever takes her pictures could consider another career as a cat photographer). Third, Daisy has more clothes than I do. It’s true, she posted a photo of her closet with all her costumes. She has more clothes than me and let’s be honest, her clothes are nicer. In fact, if I was as cute as Daisy and dressed as nicely, I wouldn’t be so opposed to posting my photo (now c’mon, it wouldn’t be my blog if there wasn’t a reference to me and my picture).

But this isn’t about me (I know, hard to believe). My kids love Daisy too. Every morning, they come into my room to see what Daisy and Harley are doing (this is one of the reasons I am so glad that Daisy is consistent. Try telling a 5-year old that Daisy took the day off). When Joanna wakes up earlier than anyone else, she will come into my room and we will watch Daisy’s videos of her different adventures. My favorite is catnip reefer (luckily, Joanna doesn’t get the reference).

I have the suspicion that Daisy may eventually surface as a series of children’s books and I wouldn’t be surprised. Let’s just hope she keeps to her blog too.

Follow me on Twitter




8 comments:

LIFE,MARRIAGE AND KIDS said...

its so true about daisy and her clothes..i said the same thing to myself, this cat has more clothes than me!

Anne Albanese said...

Life, marriage and kids, I would be jealous if she wasn't so cute and didn't look so darn good in them.

On The Verge said...

I love this site as well. I have four cats. Does that make me a crazy cat lady? lol No need to answer because I know I am!! :)

Anne Albanese said...

On the verge, the 4 cats may make up for the sorority thing :).

Dad to Two said...

I think that is an extremely creative idea for a website / children's book.

Daisy said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet surprise to read this! You made me feel real happy and proud inside. Thank you ever so much for your nice post.

Carole said...

I just recently discovered Daisy myself, in fact I went out and bought a cat stroller for my kitties after seeing Daisy in hers! And I always look forward to "Fashion Friday"! :-)

Anne Albanese said...

Dad to two, isnt that a great idea? I wish I were a publisher.

Daisy, wow, I feel like a celebrity has visited my blog.

Carole, I saw your kitty stroller on your blog and was extremely jealous. My husband has put his foot down about the cat stroller (and since he recently let me quit my job to freelance, I can't very well argue).