Anyway, I am supposed to share 6 secrets about me. Sandra did 6 meaningful stories about jewelry, but I don't wear jewelry (can that count as 1? I guess not, too many people already know that). Giazzpet did 6 really interesting experiences, but my life isn't that interesting.
We all know, I don't really keep anything secret here, so I am going to have to jump into the way-back machine to come up with 6 things about me that no one knows. Here we go with TMI (too much information):
1) When I was a freshman in high school I had a serious problem with cursing. It was solved when I was grounded for life for referring to my English teacher (in front of my mother) as a word that rhymes with witch (I still stand by that statement, she really was). I tried to tell my mother I said witch, but she didn't buy it.
2) When I was growing up, I wanted to be a game show host. When I started working, I realized being a figurehead was the way to go. The game show host window has closed, but I am still holding out hope for becoming a figurehead.
3) When I was in college, I was a card-carrying member of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. I was almost arrested outside of a movie theater for distributing literature on the animal experimentation featured in the movie Project X. I still think Matthew Broderick is a hottie.
4) When I worked at the NY Convention & Visitors Bureau, I produced a movie encouraging New Yorkers to be nicer to tourists. I appeared in a scene with Tony Randall.
5) I once stalked Cindy Wilson at Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut.
6) As I sit here writing this, I am watching my cat become intimate with my daughter's sweater. And I am not stopping him.
You don't have to participate. I singled you out because I like you and your blog. Feel free to simply ignore if you don't feel like playing.
Play the Meme Game:
If you’ve been tagged with the Twitter Meme Game, you must post 6 things no one knows about you on your BLOG. Then you have to tag 6 more people. (don’t forget to let them know they’ve been tagged.) Leave me a message letting me know that you’ve accepted the tag. Let me know when you’ve posted your list and make sure there’s a link back to my BLOG. http://www.onlivingbylearning.com/ Have fun!!!
Here are the six bloggers I have chosen:
On the Verge (is this cheating, I don't know her Twitter ID)
Blue Monkey Butt (look at the name, need I say more)
Small Town Daddy (also known as my husband)
Moomettesgram's Musings (my fellow Connecticutian: is that a word?)
Hippostoes (to celebrate the opening of her new online store. Besides, how can you not love hippos toes)
Barack Obama (just because it gives me the opportunity to brag that he is following me on Twitter).
I have to go now to try to even out the color of my hair. I am heading up to Massachusetts tomorrow for the Blogher conference and would rather have normal looking hair (although it will still be BURGUNDY). If anyone is going, let me know. I would love to meet up somewhere.
Follow me on Twitter