Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Toilet Paper Travails

Sometimes, I think I am the only person on the planet who can change a roll of toilet paper. I first noticed this phenomenon at home. Alright, I would expect Libby to not change the toilet paper roll and with Joanna, we are lucky if she actually uses the toilet paper. Her philosophy is probably that she doesn’t want to use it; she shouldn’t have to change it. Bad enough that I force her to use it; No one can make her change it.

To get back to my story, my husband doesn’t change the toilet paper roll either. He will actually grab a roll and leave it sitting on the back of the toilet rather than take the time to change it.

I recently noticed the same thing at work. We have a two-roll dispenser and I am certainly not the only one to use the bathroom. This morning, I noticed that one of the rolls was empty. I didn’t have a chance to change it (and let’s be honest, I wasn’t the one to finish it. I figure if you finish it, you change it). I watched the second roll get smaller and smaller until I had to change both of them. Now here at the office, we are all adults (although I can’t promise that there isn’t someone with Joanna’s aversion), and most of us are women (these are the two excuses I use for my family). SO WHY AM I STILL THE ONLY ONE WHO CHANGES THE TOILET PAPER ROLLS?

You probably think I am being petty, small minded or just dumb. I can’t help it. I can’t explain why this bothers me, it just does. You will have to learn to live with it and love me as I am.

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/SmallTownMommy

2 comments:

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

It must be your destiny to be the toilet paper roll changer. . . don't fight it for it's a very necessary job!

Marlaine said...

I hope you can see the upside of this and take pride in the fact that you seem to be the only one with the skill and ability to manage the task! Take pity on those lesser souls who just can't manage it!

I like you am someone blessed with this ability!