Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Honey

Today is my 11th anniversary. Now for many of you, 11 years may not sound like a lot, but as one who was never planning to get married, 11 years is an eternity. Sometimes, I wonder, how did I get here. How did the young women who attended all the hot events, restaurants and clubs in NYC, end up living in a small town with 2 kids, 2 cats, a dog, a hamster and a HUSBAND?

It is because of my husband, Frank. He is the one who dragged me away from the big city to the bowels of the country (complete with a mouse who has moved into my garage, but that is another story). And what did I get out of it you may be asking... For my anniversary, I am going to put together a top ten list of reasons why Frank is my perfect mate. Here we go...

10. He loves our girls very much.

9. He let me get 2 cats even though he was allergic (for those who are concerned about Frank, he is no longer allergic).

8. He fixes my computer when it behaves badly (even though I usually blame him when it stops working).

7. He helps Libby clean out the hamster cage (no one likes to clean out the hamster cage).

6. He lets me eat ice cream without a single comment about how I am no longer the thin slip of a girl he married.

5. When one of the girls' toys is broken, he fixes it, even when I can't (and even when I just don't want to be bothered).

4. He has learned the 2 most important words in any marriage, "yes, dear."

3. He is patient, even in the face of 2 girls, 2 cats, a dog, a hamster, and a wife who all demand his attention when he walks in the door.

2. He supports me, even in my hare-brained ideas (see previous post, re. quitting my job).

1. He loves me how I am, without expecting me to change.

This is why I love my husband and believe I have found my perfect match.

Happy anniversary, honey!

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/SmallTownMommy

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Awwww! That is beyond awesome! Happy Anniversary! :)

Babette said...

Happy 11th Anniversary! :o)

Tom said...

Belated Happy 11th Anniversary. I'm wondering how have you survived that 11 years. He he he . . .

BTW, next month, I'll be celebrating my 28th anniversary with my only wifey, Beng.