Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It Takes a Village

I know, I know, it sounds like a trite title of a book (by Hillary Clinton), but sometimes, I really feel like it does. Today our au pair had to go down to NYC to renew her visa. After my shoulder surgeries (including the upcoming one), I am very short of vacation time. I was unable to take off the day to stay with the girls. So what is a working mommy to do?


Luckily, I was able to find a friend who was willing and able to watch the girls for the day. We dropped them off at 8am and they stayed there until 5pm. I don't know what I would have done without her. Both girls said they had a great time and the other mommy said her girls had a great time too. They got to go swimming, go to a playground and play outside most of the day.

I am thankful that there are people I am able to count on when I run into trouble. It makes it worth living in a small town.

No comments: