Thursday, July 10, 2008

Trouble, Trouble, Trouble

We have two cats, Autumn who is very thin and Oreo who is very chubby. Today, both of them are in trouble. The reason they are in trouble is they woke me up at 4:30 this morning. I sometimes wake up myself at 4:30 in the morning, but this morning, I was so tired, I was sleeping late. I set the alarm for 6:00 am to make sure I got up in time for work, but I never had a chance.

The reason the cats woke me up so early is that they made a new discovery. A bird is building a nest right outside my bedroom window. Apparently, for the cats, the shortest distance between the bedroom window and anywhere else in the house is over my sleeping body. I am not sure why, but they hit me every time.

If they had just stepped on me once, I would be mad, but I could probably forgive their excitement. Unfortunately, they kept leaving the window and then would come back every time the bird came back. One of them even jumped up the foot of the bed and had to walk up the entire length of my body.

I don't know why the cats decided to torture me this morning, but I am going to bed now. I have to catch up on the sleep I missed dealing with our crazy cats.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Anne: Yes, those cats. They are so worth having but stories like this make me remember why we did not adopt new cats after losing our dear Fred and 10 years later Ethel who joined us as a pair (unrelated and exact opposites like Autumn and Oreo).
Hope your sleep is caught up by now!