Thursday, July 31, 2008

J.K Rowling's New Book

Anyone who is a fan of Harry Potter knows that J.K. Rowling is coming out with a new book on December 4th. The Tales of Beedle the Bard is a book of five fairy tales, written and illustrated by J.K. Rowling. The tales are referenced frequently in the Harry Potter books as the wizard world version of the Grimm fairy tales.

Libby has read all seven Harry Potter books (more than once). She is looking forward to the newest book (although she has a long wait ahead of her). The book can be ordered in advance from Amazon and bumped the number one pre-order (Breaking Dawn) off its pedestal. Breaking Dawn is the final book in the Twilight saga, another series of books for older children. I haven't read the Twilight books. I will probably read them at some point, but I don't think I will like them as much as Harry Potter. For all the Harry Potter comparisons, Twilight sounds like a series of teen romance novels and even the author says they are not terribly well written.

I too am looking forward to reading Beedle the Bard. Not only did I love the Harry Potter books, but I love the way J.K. Rowling writes. She has such an amazing way with words and has a fabulous understanding of the English language. She bring her readers into her world and she does it in a grammatically-correct manner.

No comments: