Saturday, July 26, 2008

Clothes Shopping

Today, we started clothes shopping for school. Yes, school is going to start in a month. I can't believe the summer is almost over. We went to Bob's. For those of you who are not in the Northeast, Bob's is a store that has pretty low cost clothing. I am not usually so prepared (in the past, I have taken the girls school clothes shopping after school has started), but Frank had a 25% off coupon that was going to expire. I am trying very hard to save money and since we had to buy the kids clothes anyway, I thought we might as well go now and save on them.

Anyway, I can't believe some of the clothes they had for these girls. My older daughter is 9. To me, that is still a little girl. Some of the clothes they sell for 9 year olds is completely inappropriate. In my opinion, a 9 year old should not be sexy. Alright, I know she shouldn't wear a onesie (and they don't make them her size, I have looked), but I can't stand the trashy clothes for children who have not even reached puberty.

I am actually very lucky because Libby is very modest. She wanted to try on a strappy shirt and I let her (I wasn't on my mental tip toes and it squeezed by). As soon as she got it on, she decided she didn't like it. I don't know what is going to happen in four years when Joanna is 9. I don't think clothes are going to be quite so easy.

We ended up getting some great stuff and the kid's are ready for the first few months of school. We ended up not spending too much (thanks to the 25% discount). And for the first time, I am ahead of the game (let's see how long that actually lasts).

No comments: