Friday, June 20, 2008

I Love Tivo

I wish life were more like Tivo. For those of you who know us, you know my husband spends way too much money on technology. He likes shiny new technological stuff. For a short period, I had a newer computer than he did. He managed to do something to his computer so he needed a new one. Same thing with cell phones (mine got closed in a car door, not sure what happened to his). But with Tivo, everything is different. The Tivo has more television programs for me than for him. I bought the Tivo for Frank because one Christmas, I couldn't figure out what to buy him. I thought it was a stupid gift, but he wanted it. We hooked it up and my life changed. I could fast forward past commercials or other things I didn't want to watch. If I missed something, i could rewind it and watch it again. I could even pause things if I had something else I wanted to do.

Life would be so great if it was like Tivo. I could fast forward past things like illnesses and recovery from shoulder surgery. I could rewind things and spend time with my parents again or enjoy other good moments, and I could pause things to keep my girls young and cute forever. I know many of you are reading this and thinking I am pitiful. I know I can't skip parts of my life, rewind parts, or pause my girls, and I wouldn't really want to. But sometimes, it is nice to dream.

No comments: